As part of its 15th anniversary celebration event, Halo developer 343 Industries performed the mannequin challenge–and they did a pretty excellent job.
Check out the video below to see developers from across the studio freeze in place. Even Halo higher-ups like Frank O’Connor, Kiki Wolfkill, and Bonnie Ross take part in the challenge. It’s a pretty neat video, and its use of the main Halo theme makes it even better. Take a look:
The mannequin challenge is just the latest internet fascination, following on from the Harlem Shake and others. It picked up steam in recent weeks and is now something of a full-blown phenomenon.
In other news about the Halo franchise, the shooter series celebrated its 15th anniversary this week, as Halo: Combat Evolved launched on November 15, 2001. That was also the day that the original Xbox came out. You can grab some free DLC in Halo 5 and Forza Horizon 3 right now to celebrate.
Here are some massive stats shared by Microsoft for the first 15 years of Xbox:
- Number of players: 222,468,423
- Number of total gaming hours: 100,539,390,670
- Number of total multiplayer hours: 29,000,304,183
- Number of Achievements unlocked: 32,667,582,157
- Gamerscore racked up: 572,605,554,587
- Highest Gamerscore: 1,416,465
- Number of Xbox Live friendships made: 4,233,891,482
Microsoft isn’t done supporting Halo 5 just yet, as 343 plans to release even more DLC for the game. You can watch the first teaser video for the upcoming DLC here.